travelling salesman. fav drink maotai. maotai makes it much easier for me to deal with people. that includes you so don't go leaving any nasty comments :)

Friday, March 04, 2005

Red red wine

someone says my wine sense is ribbena with alcohol. lots of truth in that. i like red wine with lots of flavor. australian shiraz works for me; the fruitiness, the body and of course the high alcohol content.

in london, i was given the opportunity to sample hautes/ chateaus that cost many an english pound. some of the angmos went "ooooooh" some went "ahhhhhhhh" and the sole suaku (me) thought that kachau (roaches) had gotten to the wine and drowned in it. dusty and weak.

to me, a good red wine is like an australian sheila; strong, full bodied, nice warm hugging and smelling of ribbena.

2 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I've always had a preference for Cabernets, because I had a really good one once. Don't ask me to describe it though... it was just... nice.

I'm going to try an Australian Shiraz next. You are a very bad influence on my young impressionable mind.

maotai said...

to a jaded soul, corrupting/ educating the young (of legal age of coz) is so fulfilling...