travelling salesman. fav drink maotai. maotai makes it much easier for me to deal with people. that includes you so don't go leaving any nasty comments :)

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Turtle tortoise terrapin ... soup

indonesian farm-bred terrapins. tasty rich soup hinted with herbs and enriched with BYO half peg of brandy. sweet meat, tasty liver and cruncy innards. eggs that grainly burst. fragrant yam rice.

wonderful pick-me-up. would be lovely if one can do an afternoon nap after a meal like this. just too decadent...

i love ser seng turtle soup. opposite food centre at macpherson.

3 comments:

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I cannot bring myself to eat/drink turtle soup. Especially after watching the Channel 8 TV series about the 8 brothers with super powers derived from turtles... or something like that... way back when I was still in Primary school.

maotai said...

how do you think the bros developed their superpowers? turtle soup!

when i have a tad too much brandy added to my soup, i develop superpower too ;)

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I don't want to ask what *kind* of superpower you develop.